Friday, October 19, 2012

Frugal Five Meet Merri from Maryland



Merri is a frugal  working  mom   from Maryland  with 3 kids.  

What is your financial life?
I am married and have 1.5 income . My husband and I  have 3 children 2 boys 17 and 12  and 1 girl   8, one will be going to  college in the fall.  My husband is the primary caregiver and I work at a local auto dealership as the assistant to the owner.  We own our home and have a few thousand on credit card debt. that we are trying to pay off.

What is your budget buster?
Groceries and utilities. Both are getting higher and higher., etc. These two bills still climb! My electricity bill during the summer months is high because the men in my house want the air conditioning on low.   

What is your favorite money saving tip?
Buy  marked down meat!!   I throw the  meat into the freezer . It really helps me stretch the meat dollars.

If you had an extra $1000 what would you do with it?
The money would go towards my son’s college tuition for next year.


What is your best resource for frugal living?
My favorite place  for sharing money saving tips are and www.savingadvice.com

If you would like to be profiled send an contact via facebook email 

No comments: