Saturday, May 06, 2006

Family support

The Question of the week at the Wahm Bloggers Network is Does your family support your home business?

I have done the home business thing in the past. In 1996 I tried to do Herbalife. I got one of those yellow booklets in the mail talking about "working at home" I was hooked and spent a lot of money and was very pressured by my up line to buy inventory. I also fell for the envelope stuffing thing as well. So needless to say when I wanted to attempt Cognigen Discount telecommunications back in 2002, my husband rolled his eyes. Heck it was free and I would make a go out of it.

I put my whole heart and soul into it to prove that I wouldn't fail this time around. I did fliers focusing on cell service. Once my husband saw that I was going to make this work and starting to get checks, he did a turn-around. He was now my number 1 cheerleader and fan. He also mentions my business to everyone he knows. I made him VP of sales :) I have since gotten into affiliate marketing and I bounce so many ideas on him. I even got him doing some writing for me on a couple of blogs as well.

My kids are too young to really understand. My oldest knows that I sell things on the computer.

With my extended family, it is more of the rolling of the eyes thing still. I think my parents really do not understand what I am doing. Selling on the internet. What are you selling? My brother and sister know more about the internet than my parents, but they still give me that funny look.



1 comment:

Admin said...

Thank for you for participating in Wahm Bloggers Network QOTW Does your family support your home business?
WAHM reveal family support