Saturday, May 13, 2006

How do I stay fit?

WAHM bloggers network asked how do you stay fit physically and mentally?

I like to exercise. I love the feeling it gives to me. There is nothing after a good workout of a feeling of "yes I did it" I do it quite frugally the by. I don't belong to a gym. I have in the past with but 3 little ones it is hard to get there. I work out with mostly exercise videos. I admit I am an exercise video junky. Sometimes I buy them new, and sometimes I buy used from an online swap. I have also discovered Comcast ondemand exercise tv which has some older workouts but they are usually short and give me that push when I need it. Exercise keeps me fit physically as well as mentally.

As for mentally, I like to read. I read just about any book. When I was working and had to commute via the train, I always had a book. My husband and I also love to debate about politics. That keeps me sharp. We discuss the issues of the days as well. It is fun and challenging.

I think it is important for moms to keep themselves fit. I know when my twins were first born, I really let myself go. I thought what the heck, I am going to be home all day who cares if I don't take care of myself.

1 comment:

Admin said...

Thank you for participating in the Wahm bloggers network QOTW How do you stay fit physically and mentally?

WAHM reveal How do I stay fit?