Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Frugal Five Meet Denise

Denise is newly frugal mom to 2 pre-teens from Pittsburgh area.

What is your financial life?
After living like the Jones for years, my husband and I got serious about our finances. Our church was having a financial bootcamp. I decided to go because I knew we were spending but not saving. We do have a mortgage and are currently paying off over $45k worth of credit card debt. The debt is mostly from vacations that we took. We would travel to Disney each year plus go to Mexico during the winter months. Also some gadgets-we have started selling a lot of the stuff we could as well. We only recently went on a budget and while it hard, I feel like we are getting somewhere. My husband isn't fully on board just yet or we would have sold one of 2 unpaid for cars.


What is your budget buster?
Credit Card debt

What is your favorite money saving tip?
I am still in the learning stage of this but I would suggest knowing what is coming in money wise to what is going out
.
If you had an extra $1000 what would you do with it?
Easy answer buy it towards our credit card debt. .

What is your best resource for frugal living?

I just found out about Dave Ramseys The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness through my church. I enjoy reading his books and like posting at Living Like No one Else which is a group of kool-aid drinking folks that are looking to get out of debt.

Thanks Denise for sharing all of your story! Let us know if you would like to be profiled in the Frugal Five

No comments: