Monday, June 11, 2012

Frugal Meal planning week of June 10th

School is out this week!  that means time in the pool, hanging out.  The boys do have some summer camps, volunteering as well as summer school.  Keeping them  busy keeps me sane  I try to do alot of free stuff with them but now that they are older doing a picnic in the playground doesn't keep them entertained for very long.  So if we do stuff, it is bit more costly but I am try to pack a picnic lunch  and water so we don't waste money on food.

Here is the menu plan


Sunday Steak, eggs, green beans,


Monday Easy cabbage rolls    (click for recipe)   I threw this in the crockpot last time and will probably do it again for 6 hours on low Browned the meat before I threw it in . I stretched out some of the meat by increasing  the brown  rice and  the cabbage.  My oldest has been requesting this weekly.


Tuesday Mexican Lasagna   (click for recipe) Yes two weeks in row but my really picky eater loved it last week and asked when we were having it again. I am doing it meatless this week.  Plus I feel I am overflowing with tortillas


Wednesday Leftover easy cabbage rolls-  may wrap them in tortillas this week


Thursday Salisbury steak, green beans and potatoes


Friday  Pizza to celebrate the last day of school


Saturday Cub scout camp out


Are you looking for even more menu ideas check out  Monday meal plans at organizing junky

No comments: