Friday, November 09, 2012

Frugal Five Meet Michelle from Pennsylvania


Michelle  is a frugal mom from Pennsylvania in her late 30s

What is your financial life?
My husband and I started with about $50k in debt 4 years ago.  We were working very hard and even with a new baby we were making huge dents in it.  We even weathered my husband's cancer when the baby  was only 7 months old without adding more debt.  My snowball went towards that.   However we had another baby and I stopped working.  didn't do a good plan on trying of keeping my snowball.  I recently started working part time and that money will be going towards our debt again.  

What is your budget buster?
The medical bills my husband accumulated during his year of cancer treatment. I am very thankful that he is now healthy but still is a number of prescriptions.

What is your favorite money saving tip?
Stay out of the grocery store!  Your idea of grocery shopping is a few quick trips to the store during the week, no list, no coupons, no meal plan, no savings. Solution: Get in the habit of planningfrugal  meals,clipping coupons and making a list! Take it one step further and plan your meals around the grocery store sales.

If you had an extra $1000 what would you do with it?
I am focusing on the Dave Ramsey financial peace plan and so I would put $1000 towards my credit card debt


What is your best resource for frugal living?
, my two fave places for sharing money saving tips are llnnoe.com - and www.savingadvice.com

If you would like to be profiled send an email to info @ budgetdial.com

No comments: