Friday, July 27, 2007

Welcome Credit Panda readers

Hello Credit Panda readers

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Lots of clicks from you! I am a frugal work at home mom. I am a little obsessive, compulsive about making ends meet, living on a budget and saving for retirement. I think we are a typical family, not necessarily living paycheck to paycheck but worry about the cost of living and the typical "What if's" of life. I have been writing this blog since 2004 so there are lots of parts of my life in different posts but to summarize. I have 3 boys,. I stopped working out of the house when the twins were born. I had worked in the financial services field for 10 years.

In 2000 is when my husband and I got serious about paying off the credit cards and living the debt free lifestyle. I started to read Dave Ramsey, Suze Orman and almost everything I could get my hands on. We paid off our last credit cards in 2003/2004. Our debit card is what we primarily use when we are out shopping now. If we do have to use the credit card, it is paid off immediately. For example, we went to Disney this summer and charged the card I paid it off immediately.


Frugality is a choice now rather than a necessity. However since we are primarily a 1.5 income family, I need to work on our emergency fund a bit more. So for the next few months we are trying to live below our means rather than right at our means. My husband works on commission in a team setting-so if the team doesn't meet the goals-their commission is low. Living with variable income isn't always fun!


2007 mid year financial goal check in

2006 end of the year financial goal check in


2005 end of the year financial goal check in

So sign-up for our weekly newsletter! If you are looking for a specific topic, you can use the search button at the topic to review!

No comments: