Friday, September 21, 2012

Frugal Five Meet Kelsey


Kelsey is newly married mom with 2 kids from Texas. 
What is your financial life?

I'm recently married 1 year now to my 2nd husband. I have 2 kids from my 1st married who are 8 and 10.  My husband has 3 grown children in their 20s. Together we have an almost respectable income, which I leverage as best I can into  paying off my credit card debt that I brought  into the marriage .   I was divorced for 3 years before getting married and spent way too much. 

What is your budget buster?
All the expenses for the kids.  My son has special needs so I have therapy costs that are not covered by insurance. My ex husband sometimes pays.   My daughter is really into martial arts and trying to compete.  We have had to spend some evenings in a hotel room due to far away competitions.

What is your favorite money saving tip?
I really try to have us eat a home.  When I was a single mom, I would eat out way too much. Now that I am more settled, I make a monthly menu plan plus we I try to do different schedules. 

If you had an extra $1000 what would you do with it?
I would probably put half of it toward paying down credit card debt, one
quarter of it into our investment account, and spend the other $250 on
stockpiling groceries and buying household items that will save us money
later.

What is your best resource for frugal living?
I love reading different message boards and blogs to keep me inspired.   My favorite one is frugal mom .net forums 

No comments: