Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Zucchuni and Summer Squash Tater Tots recipe


One of my new favorite recipes this year is zucchini tator tots. I found it first on the My fitness pal boards during the summer when I had an over abundance of zucchini . It is  a great  recipe and another fun way to get some vegetables in.  My boys and husband gobbled these up.      I also made this with summer squash and they came out great when I got some dent fruits and vegetable bin a the grocery store.  

To make 24 mini   or 12 full size muffins.

·         2 cup zucchini or summer squash  shredded  (easy tip put them in the food processer)
·         2  eggs
·         onion, diced (I prefer the red onion but yellow is fine)
·         ½  cup mozzarella cheese
·         ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese
Summer squash tator tots 
·         ½  cup dry breadcrumbs
·         Garlic power and Italian seasons



Mix all the ingredients together in then fill the muffin tins.
Cook for 15-18 minutes at 400 degrees
They should pop out pretty easily. if they don't take a knife and cut them out. 

I prefer the mini muffin tins as I feel like they are more like tater tots. 


No comments: