Friday, September 28, 2012

Frugal Five Meet Darcy from Colorado


Darcy  is a homeschooling stay at home mom to two boys    living in Denver Colorado area



What is your financial life?

My husband and I are currently living paycheck to paycheck.  I have been debating on getting a part time night job to help stretch our budget.   If I can squeeze $100/month for this it would help. I also want to get more adept at crunching our budget with the way prices are going up. I want to conserve now and get to where it feels normal not to spend before we hit a bump in the road . We also have some 
credit card debt to pay down.  


What is your budget buster?

I try to be a homeschooling addict. I need to get over this addiction. I love to buy supplies.  

What is your favorite money saving tip?

There is so many free learning activities in the  Denver area. Find free things to do at home or in your local area so we don't feel the need to spend money "doing" something. We use our local library-it is a wonderful resource. It has a ton of documentaries and I do use Netflix for some teaching as well.


If you had an extra $1000 what would you do with it?

I would take ½ of it to go to credit card debt and then other half towards Christmas shopping.

What is your best resource for frugal living?

I love reading frugal 
blogs and am addicted to savingadvice.com 

No comments: