Friday, September 07, 2012

Frugal Five meet Leanne



Leanne is a  mom of 2 and a special education teacher  from Northern Florida  

What is your financial life?

I am a working mom of 2 pre teen boys  9 and 11 years old and married to my husband John for just over 12 years.  I recently got my masters in education which I did take out some student loan instead of cash flowing them.  I have about 30k in student loan and credit card debt.  I also just finished paying off my 2008 car.

I am really trying to my stuff together.   I am making a budget really for the first time in my life.  I left grad school kind of take over my life but not planning the money stuff. We did a lot of take out for dinner and on the weekends I spoiled the kids with different activities. Then I took them all on a cruise this summer vacation  to celebrate my graduation.   Getting my act together now.  I keep hearing a lot about  Dave Ramsey and his baby steps to pay off debt  so I may check him out.   


What is your budget buster?
Eating out is my biggest budget buster. . After a stressful day at school the last thing I want to do is stand over a hot stove   I am trying to change that


What is your favorite money saving tip?

I think you need create a budget and have you and your partner together on it.  


If you had an extra $1000 what would you do with it?

I would put it it towards my credit cards.

What is your best resource for frugal living?

I just started reading about Dave Ramsey so I think a lot of people on his message boards tend to be frugal. 

Do you want to be featured on the Frugal Five  contact us through our facebook page 

No comments: