Monday, September 03, 2012

Frugal Meal planning week of September 2nd

We are doing a lazy labor day  weekend at home.  Just try enjoy the last few days of non craziness!   The boys have been enjoying the pool and we have nightly fires with a few of our neighbors   Nothing like a nice glass of wine by the fire.   I also made a few batches of tomato spaghetti sauce from all of our tomatoes plus my mother in law gave a bunch as well.   So  I am making sauce for her, my mom and my older neighbor across the street and feeding the freezer a bit today. 

The craziness of school will be starting this week! Last week was just getting settled in. This week we start after school activities including soccer, social skills  and cub scouts.  Karate is year round.  

We are also doing a no eat out  challenge for September and October except for my birthday as there are a fewer bigger bills hitting us including life insurance and deposit for my son's 8th grade trip. 

Please follow me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/MommaAndTheBoysLivingOnABudget

Sunday Turkey burgers, sweet potato fries and cucumbers 

Monday BLT  Bacon lettuce and tomato sandwiches  so yummy! 

Tuesday  Easy lazy man cabbage rolls   click for recipe  I am subbing in some cole slaw mix which makes this ever easier to make!! 

Wednesday   chicken and pasta with my sauce  in the crockpot 

Thursday  Pork chops, rice and green beans 

Friday Clean out the fridge night  or we will do tuna melt  sandwiches if not enough 

Saturday homemade pizza 



Are you looking for even more menu ideas check out  Monday meal plans at organizing junky  And if you a frugal blogger please join thrifty thursday linkup!








No comments: