Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Frugal Five Meet Martia

Martia a homeschooling stay at home mom to two boys (7 & 9) and two girls (2 and 5), living in Northern rural New York.



What is your financial life?

We would like to move out of New York closer to family in the Carolinas. We need to fix our house up to eventually sell, and need to come up with the money for the small house projects that need doing. If I can squeeze $100/month for this it would help. I also want to get more adept at crunching our budget with the way prices are going up. I want to conserve now and get to where it feels normal not to spend before we hit a crisis. We also have some credit card debt to pay down. Despite my best effort, a chunk of it was from Christmas shopping, I am embarassed to say.



What is your budget buster?

I am lazy when it comes to planning. I end up running around to buy things last minutes rather than shop for bargains. Also I am a homeschooling addict.

What is your favorite money saving tip?

Find free things to do at home or in our neighborhood so we don't feel the need to spend money "doing" something. We use our local library-it is a wonderful resource. It has a ton of DVDs-documentaties


If you had an extra $1000 what would you do with it?

Credit card debt!!

What is your best resource for frugal living?

I love reading frugal blogs. I try to pick up a ton of ideas. Also www.violition.com has some good frugal forums.

No comments: